How to Get Your Car Road Trip Ready
One of the worst things that can happen during a road trip is your vehicle giving out on you. How can you prevent this disastrous situation from happening? Proper road trip preparation.
Read our recommendations on how to make sure your car performs well on a long drive.
Tips For Car Road Trip Preparation
Follow these steps to enjoy a safe ride on your next trip:
- Get your oil and oil filter changed.
- Replace engine air filter.
- Check your tires and have them rotated or replaced as needed.
- Check windshield wipers and replace if needed.
- Check all fluids and fill if needed.
- Flush the radiators.
- Test the brake lights, turn signal lights, high beams, and low beams.
- Have battery inspected and replaced if needed.
- Have brake pads tested and replaced if needed.
When it comes to these maintenance tasks, go with the best auto service center in the area. Schedule service at a Schumacher dealership in South Florida.
You’ll also want to make sure you pack the following items for the trip:
- Tire gauge
- Jumper cables
- Spare tire and jack
- Duct tape
- Car manual
- Phone charger
- Car registration documents
- Documentation of your warranty plan, car insurance, and/or emergency auto service contract
Shop Reliable Vehicles for Your Next Road Trip
Looking to buy or lease a vehicle but want to ensure you choose one that will be reliable for road trips? Take a look at these makes and see how you can purchase a reliable car at a Schumacher Auto Group dealership.
Contact Schumacher Auto Group if you have any questions about preparing your car for a long drive.
Want more helpful car upkeep tips? Explore these resources: